Welcome to Mediachase Community Sign in | Join | Help    
in Search   

The post size limit exceeded.

Last post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 9:25 AM by richlyc. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:34 PM 10526

I downloaded the trial version and run the HelloUpload sample. I get an error when I try to upload a file 123 MByte in size. Error below. Any ideas?

Thanks,
     Jan

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Mediachase.FileUploader.PostSizeLimitException: The post size limit exceeded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PostSizeLimitException: The post size limit exceeded.]
       Mediachase.FileUploader.McHttpModule.Application_BeginRequest(Object source, EventArgs e) +4182
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

•  Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:08 AM 10530 in reply to 10526

Re: The post size limit exceeded.

The Evaluation version of this control has a limit of 25 Megabytes for testing and evaluation purposes.

You can use online samples http://www.mediachase.com/FileUploader2/documentation/default.html
  •  Thu, Nov 06 2008, 4:41 PM 10536 in reply to 10530

That sounds fair enough. May be the evalualtion version should give a better error message then. Thanks.

•  Thu, Nov 06 2008, 5:12 PM 10537 in reply to 10536

Hopefully you will be able to test the product thoroughly despite the file limitation on the trial version.  We'll work on a better error message for our next release. Thanks for the feedback.

Mediachase Software
  •  Tue, Mar 23 2010, 8:53 AM 11276 in reply to 10537

I am in the same boat. I am trying to evaluate the file upload control and there is no way I can tell that this is any better than the standard ASP.NET uploader. They both can handle files upto 25MB and both seem to take same amount of time. Even the CPU spikes are the same.

I even tried to upload a 47MB file on your site and that came back with the same error "Max file size exceeded". I hope your site has the actual release and not a trial one.

•  Tue, Mar 23 2010, 9:25 AM 11278 in reply to 11276

Hi,

If you email support@mediachase.com, we can send you a trial version that allows you to exceed 25MB so you can test bigger uploads without having to purchase a license or use our sample site.

-- Mediachase Software
View as RSS news feed in XML
Site Terms | Privacy Policy | About Us | Contact Us
Running on Mediachase eCommerce Framework 4.0.
  Copyright © Mediachase, LTD. 1997-2006. All Rights Reserved

E-commerce, HelpDesk, Service Desk & Project Management Software, alternatives to Microsoft Project Server & Sharepoint Collaboration Server
project management software | microsoft project server | sharepoint collaboration server | issues management, helpdesk & service desk